Please distribute the following Call For Chapters link for the upcoming book, Comparative Economic Perspectives on Europe and the MENA Region, throughout your subscribership at the Academy of International Business of Michigan State University:
Below is additional information regarding this CFC:
Editors Bryan Christiansen, PryMarke, LLC (USA) Dr. M. Mustafa Erdogdu, Marmara University (Turkey)
Call for Chapters
Proposals Submission Deadline: May 31, 2014 Full Chapters Due: August 31, 2014 Submission Date: January 15, 2015
As Europe and the MENA (Middle East & North Africa) region become increasingly intertwined with the global economy, investment continues to develop not only in a one-way direction to these two regions from developed world economies such as the Americas or Asia, but also in a complex pattern which involves investment by Trans National Corporations (TNCs) and Small-and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) out of and within the region
itself. This multidimensional investment is having important influences on the state of business and government in Europe and MENA, especially when considering the effects of technological development and use in the regions.
Objective The primary objective of the proposed publication is that of Reference material for scholars, business executives, scholar-practitioners, and university students who need to better understand the growing importance of Europe and the MENA region in today's global economy. The secondary objective is to provide a foundation for other similar books on the subject. The book should be published because global technological advancements and fast-moving political changers are influencing the progress and prosperity of these regions.
Target Audience The primary intended audience is scholars and scholar-practitioners who have the need for qualified Reference material regarding the subject matter of the proposed publication as outlined above. The secondary intended audience is business executives and undergraduate/graduate business and economics students who require the same Reference material. While having academic rigor, the book will be written in a way such that it can be understood by non-academics and non-specialists; essentially, it will also be appealing to the general public.
Recommended Topics (not all inclusive)
- The United States and Europe / MENA - Effects of Globalization on Europe and MENA - Global Competitiveness of the Regions - Opportunities and Challenges for Development
- Strategic Innovation and Economic Development - Green Development - Corporate Governance - Demographic Realities - Urban Transformation - Education and Training - Effects of Democratization
- Changing Societies of the Region - Reform, Crisis, and Independence - Science and Technology Policy - Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) - Turkey's Influence in the Region - Education
- Social Issues Related to Technological Advancement - International Accounting and Finance Practices - Shadow Economy and Tax Evasion - Research and Development (R&D) - Isomorphism and Technology Transfer
- Labour, Culture, and Business Ethics - Decision-Making and Technology - Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Europe and MENA - Saudi Arabia - Northern Africa - Iran - Iraq - The Gulf States
- Russian Influence in the Regions - Chinese FDI in the Regions - Cultural Intelligence - Bureaucracy - Case Studies
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before May 31, 2014, a 2-3 page chapter proposal clearly explaining the mission and concerns of her or his proposed chapter. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by June 1, 2014 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by August 30, 2014. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors are expected to serve as reviewers for at least two submissions.
This book is expected to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group, Inc.), publisher of the "Information Science Reference" (formerly Idea Group Reference), "Medical Information Science Reference," "Business Science Reference," and "Engineering Science Reference" imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This book is anticipated to be published in 2015.