As explained further at
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2148368/new-internet-explorer-zero-day-puts-web-at-risk-and-xp-isnt-getting-a-fix.html
,
"<http://www.pcworld.com/article/2090827/what-to-do-if-you-absolutely-can-t-or-won-t-give-up-xp.html>Windows
XP users can easily mitigate this vulnerability by simply using any
Web browser but Internet Explorer. For longtime IE users on XP,
turning to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox would be your best bet,
both immediately and going forward."

I have also heard recently that 100% (yes, 100%) of IE exploits are
mitigated by running as a regular user instead of as Admin.  And
indeed, "This new remote code execution vulnerability, dubbed
<https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/security/2963983>CVE-2014-1776,
has the potential to give hackers the same user rights as the current
user," so maybe not so bad for those users who do the right thing and
do not run as Admin.

-- dkm
    "Move along, nothing to see here."