Dear All,

*Academy of International Business Sub-Saharan Africa Chapter Inaugural
Conference*

*Africa Rising: The Internationalization of African Firms and the Prospects
for Western and Eastern Multinationals*

     *Riara University, Nairobi, Kenya **I  **Conference Dates: August 13 -
15, 2014 **I **Submission Deadline: May 24, 2014*

*Keynote Speakers: *

*Prof. Elizabeth L. Rose **I**  AIB Vice-President **I**  University of
Otago, NZ*

*Prof. Patricia McDougall  **I* *AIB Vice-President **I* *Indiana
University, USA*

*Prof. Kevin Ibeh **I** Assistant Dean, Birkbeck **I **University of
London, UK*

*Prof. Ken N. Kamoche **I** Director, Africa Research Group **I **University
of Nottingham, UK*

Once described as "the hopeless continent", Africa is now widely regarded
as "the next growth frontier"! Western multinationals from countries with
strong colonial linkages with Africa, such as the UK, France and Portugal,
now find themselves competing not only with multinationals from other
developed economies, but also with emerging market multinationals from
countries such as China and India. In this so-called "New Scramble for
Africa", Africa-based firms are not left behind, as many firms from South
Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and other countries have initiated aggressive
regional expansion strategies.

To advance our understanding of these recent developments, the AIB
Sub-Saharan Africa Chapter is delighted to announce its inaugural
conference, with the theme: "Africa Rising: The Internationalization of
African Firms and the Prospects for Western and Eastern Multinationals".
The conference welcomes conceptual and empirical papers, as well as
teaching case studies and panels from scholars, doctoral, graduate and
undergraduate students, business professionals and policy makers, which
contribute to a greater understanding of the internationalization
strategies and behaviour of African firms, and how foreign-owned
multinationals are (re)positioning themselves to win as competition in the
product and talent markets within the region intensifies.

The conference will consider unpublished original competitive papers,
interactive papers, panels and teaching cases for the following tracks:

*Track 1: The Internationalization of African Firms: Strategies, Patterns
and Outcomes *

*Track 2: Doing Business in Africa: Prospects and Challenges for Foreign
Multinationals *

*Track 3: International Business and Management / General Track *

*Track 4: Teaching Innovation and Teaching Cases in International Business *

*Publication Opportunities *

The best papers and other outstanding papers that are aligned with the
conference theme will be considered and selected for inclusion in a special
issue of a reputable journal or an edited book which will be connected to
the conference.

* Registration Fees: *

AIB Members: US$130.00 (Kshs. 11,050) for early and $180 (Kshs. 15,300) for
late registration.

Non-members: US$150.00 (Kshs.12, 500) for early and US$200 (Kshs. 17,000)
for late registration.

Students: US$100 (Kshs. 8,500)    *I* Accompanying Partners: US$100 (Kshs.
8,500)

*Networking and Experiential Learning Journey to Nairobi! *

*Explore Magical Kenya! *

*For further details, please see attached CFP. *

*Conference Website: http://www.riarauniversity.ac.ke/aibssa2014conference
<http://www.riarauniversity.ac.ke/aibssa2014conference>*

Prof. Abel Kinoti, Bcom, MBA, Dcom, FHEA-UK

Dean, School of Business

Riara University

P.O. Box 49940-00100

Nairobi, Kenya