Hi Steve,

We ran into this a few weeks back.  Assuming you are not using native IPv6 in your environment what is happening is Exchange is putting the local link IPv6 address of the server into the message header.
Google checks this and sees it’s not a proper native IPv6 address and blocks the message.

The fix for us was to disable IPv6 in the registry on our Exchange server until we are ready to go to true IPv6.
See the "for more information" section at this link   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852
After making the registry change and rebooting the IPv4 address was showing in the message headers and google allowed mail normally.

Proceed with caution though as others online have ran into issues after disabling IPv6, also from what I have read DO NOT uncheck IPv6 on the network adapter as the registry is the proper place.

MSU Helmet Josh Rush
Server/Network Administrator
Advancement Information Systems & Donor Strategy
Michigan State University
University Advancement
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East LansingMI  48824-3482

Direct:  517-884-2501
Office Fax:  517-884-1219

Visit us at
http://advancement.msu.edu/

Was this interaction helpful? Please fill out our quick AIS-DS customer survey.

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying, or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.