We are recruiting energetic people who want to serve in communities to build a healthier food environment children in schools. You may remember me from my food systems work at Michigan State University and my interest in growing the next generation of young leaders in food, agriculture and natural resources. I am currently with an organization called FoodCorps that places AmeriCorps service members in Farm to School programs across the country, building school gardens, teaching nutrition, and improving school meals in the cafeteria. This is an opportunity for leadership development and perhaps a "gap year" activity for students before deciding on their career direction or continuing on for further study. We are especially looking for a diversity of applicants who are from the communities in which they will serve. Men and women over the age of 18 are eligible to apply. Applications are due March 30th for the upcoming school year. See application information and where we serve on the FoodCorps.org website here.

If you want to know more about serving with FoodCorps, call in this Friday, March 7th at 5:00 pm EST (at the number listed below). Feel free to share this information with anyone who may be interested.

To view this email as a web page, go here.

	 	MARCH 4, 2014

Dear Friend of FoodCorps,

The March 30th deadline to apply to be a FoodCorps service member for this coming school year is rapidly approaching.
We want to make sure that all applicants' burning questions are answered, so we'll be hosting a conference call with our recruitment manager this Friday, March 7th.

Want to learn more about what makes a strong FoodCorps application? Have questions about our selection process? Join our teleconference call on March 7th at 2 pm PST/5 pm EST. Call-In number: 1-857-232-0300
Participant Code: 3632742

Whether you're thinking of applying, or you're just interested in how FoodCorps service can make an impact, you can find out more about what it's like to be a FoodCorps service member by reading some firsthand accounts written by present members:

Cooking up culture with an avocado pudding recipe, on the Cooking Light blog
Reconnecting kids on Oahu with their traditional foods, in Yes Magazine
Increasing smiles through vegetables, on the Slow Food USA blog
Kids making kale cool, on the Ecocentric blog

Join us Friday! If you think you'll call in, RSVP on Facebook to help spread the word.
-The FoodCorps recruitment team
P.S. Seen our video yet? It's all about figuring out what you want to be when you "grow up." Check it out!

Cheryl Danley
Site Partnerships Manager
212-596-7045 ext. 121 • www.foodcorps.org

This email was sent to: [log in to unmask]

This email was sent by: FoodCorps
281 Park Avenue South, New York, NY, 10010,

We respect your right to privacy - view our policy

Update Profile and Subscription Preferences | Unsubscribe From All Emails