Might be of interest to some people on the lisserve.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Wendy Adams <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Promotable position at Northern Colorado
> Date: February 27, 2014 12:40:53 PM PST
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hello!
>
> I am happy to announce a new full time 9-month position at the University of
> Northern Colorado.  The position will be in the Department of Physics and
> Astronomy with a split in teaching responsibilities, half time focus on
> courses for pre-service teachers and half on physics courses.
>
> The university climate is wonderful.  The faculty are extremely supportive
> of one another and the university is particularly supportive of science
> education both for research purposes and the preparation of teachers.  We
> have education researchers in math, chemistry, biology, earth science and
> physics plus science education folks in our College of Education and
> Behavioral Sciences.  The current administration has recently approved
> several new hires and a Science Education Program to centralize efforts for
> pre-service teachers.
>
> Please consider applying or forward this announcement to folks you think
> might be interested.  The full announcement is appended below.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Wendy Adams
> Director Science Education Programs
> Department of Physics and Astronomy
>
> Full-Time Physics/Science Education at the University of Northern Colorado
>
> This is a nine month, full-time, contract-renewable position in the
> Department of Physics and Astronomy beginning fall 2014. UNC is the leading
> STEM teacher preparation institution in Colorado and the department offers
> an undergraduate degree option in secondary teaching. The successful
> candidate will teach lower-level physics courses, as well as courses for
> non-science majors and methods courses for science education majors, and
> will mentor student teachers. Demonstrated excellence in teaching and a
> commitment to K-12 science education are expected. Experience in teaching
> K-12 science courses and working with diverse populations, and background in
> pedagogical research are desirable. The department also has an active
> undergraduate research program; the successful candidate may choose to be
> involved in this effort. At minimum, a master's degree in physics or a
> master's degree in science education with significant graduate coursework in
> physics is required and must be awarded by the position start date,
> 8/18/2014. A doctoral degree is preferred.  The full vacancy announcement
> and application instructions are available at:
> http://www.unco.edu/nhs/employment.html.  Screening of applications begins
> February 15th, 2014 and continues until the position is filled. The
> University is an AAEO employer.
>
> To apply go to
> https://careers.unco.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=13
> 93533406750

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program