On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 08:01:23PM -0500, Xuelin Wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need some passport photos taken. Does anyone have advice about where
> is the cost-effective place to go besides MSU campus and post office (
> I was told they are expensive with so-so quality)?

The cost is small enough that it is hardly worth worrying about
which place to go, unless you want to go to a professional
portrait photographer.

Almost any copy/print shop in the area does passport photos.
I have used Kinkos successfully several times.

With any of the amateur places such as copy shops you want to be
careful and look at the prints carefully before leaving the store.
The print must be the right size and straight on.  There must be
no glare from lights on the face and especially in glasses.  I have
had consulates reject pictures for visas when there was just a little
glare spot in the glasses and know someone who had a picture
rejected because the head was turned just a little.

Any of the places I have known will do the photo over again for
no charge if it has a problem like these.

But, other than those types of things, there is no problem.  Just go
anywhere that advertises doing passport photos.

////jerry