Please post the following.
Thanks!
Vijaya Narapareddy

Call for proposals: SMS Teaching Community

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Dear everyone,

As you may know, the Strategic Management Society (SMS) will be hosting
their 34th Annual International Conference in Madrid (20-23Sept 2014) with
a theme of “*Strategies in a World of Networks*”
http://madrid.strategicmanagement.net/

The Teaching Community of the Strategic Management Society

(http://strategicmanagement.net/ig/teaching_community.php ) would like to
encourage you to submit your best paper proposals (only 7-pages max.,
inclusive of Reference, Tables and Figures) before the deadline of *27th
February 2014*.

Our Community was established five (5) years ago and has gained prominence
catering for the scholarship of Teaching & Learning needs of our members
across the entire spectrum of strategy, strategizing and strategic
management.

This year’s conference theme requires us to reexamine our current
taken-for-granted assumptions about a world that is constantly being
(re-)defined and where a firm’s competitive advantage is temporary at best.
Given these challenges, our students need to learn more, faster, and
differently than before. If this is the case, what competencies should we
be (de-)emphasizing in our scholarship of teaching and learning? Is there a
better way of embracing technology? Which core assumptions must be put to
the test and what new ones must we engage and foster in our classrooms?
Inevitably, as educators, how can we better qualify our students for a
complicated world? These are some of the issues our Teaching Community IG
plans to address at the conference. We welcome contributions from our key
stakeholders (academics, business executives, and consultants) to submit
high-quality proposals addressing the conference theme. In particular, we
are very interested, in receiving proposals that challenge conventional
wisdom, provide a fresh perspective, and open up new ways of thinking and
educating about strategy, strategizing, and strategic management.

We look forward to putting together a great program for you in Madrid!

Here’s wishing you all a great New Year in the Year of the HORSE!

See you in Madrid!

Kindly

Robert Wright, Program Chair

On behalf of the Teaching Community Executive Team for 2014:

Margaret Cording (Program Chairperson)

David King (Associate Program Chair)

Jay Dial (Immediate Past Chairperson)

*Reps-at-Large:*