 The Power of We Consortium’s AmeriCorps State program is recruiting new members for the Capital area over this summer.

AmeriCorps, commonly known as the “Domestic Peace Corps,” is a national service program that offers members a chance to participate in direct service  within their communities. In the Lansing Area community, our focus is reducing chronic disease for residents. We do this by: 1) educating community members of all ages about healthy lifestyles, 2) reducing obesity and food insecurity through food distributions and gardening programs, and 3) promoting affordable exercise options.

We are looking for approximately 8 to 10 new members for May 5, 2014 through September 2014. These will be paid positions with an additional educational award received at completion of the service term. Along with the living allowance and educational award, members can also receive loan forbearance for qualified student loans.

PLEASE forward this information to any interested parties.

For more information about specific positions, please go to http://powerofwe.org/americorps/position-openings/

To apply send resume and cover letter to Katie Ellero at [log in to unmask]

Molly Signs-Rehmann

Power of We Consortium

AmeriCorps State Intern