Please Share this news with your listservs, students, farmers, and colleagues!!
Its time to register for the Michigan State University Organic Reporting Session. We are offering more time this year for discussion with participants and presenters, including
several MSU researchers who are conducting research in and for organic farming systems.
The day will start at 8:30 am in the Brody Complex Rm 136.
The day will offer presentations of farmer useful research, Q&A with discussion, Farmer Roundtable with researchers and updates in the news for organic farmers.
We hope that you can attend and bring a friend.
I have also attached a flyer for your sharing. Please distribute this information widely. THANKS
Organic Reporting Session at Michigan State University
Friday March 7
Brody Complex on Harrison Rd at west end of MSU's campus, East Lansing MI
To register go to WEB site: commerce.cashnet.com/msu_3714
This year's event will offer 4-5 MSU research reports on organic research on:
Our draft agenda (titles and sessions may be modified)
- Food waste compost production system update using hot compost and worms-John Biernbaum, MSU Dept of Horticulture and co-director of the Student Organic Farm
- Fruit production and insect organic management –Matt Grieshop, MSU Dept of Entomology
- Organic raspberry and cherry in Haygrove Tunnel systems-Eric Hanson, MSU Dept of Horticulture
- Organic soybean varieties for Michigan-Dan Rossman, MSUE Central Mi and AABI team
- Weed management with less tillage-Dan Brainard, MSU Dept of Horticulture
- Following the presentations we invite organic farmers to join in conversation with the researchers to identify key values and challenges of these researched systems and methods as well as other areas where organic farming research
- Lunch will be at Brody Café Meeting room (upstairs of Brody Complex) for organic updates including:
- "Whats organic in the farm bill"
- "Organic prices for crops in 2014
Plenty of time will be offered for networking and seeing old and new friends.
Please join us in this exciting event: You can register online by going to this web site (do not place www in front) commerce.cashnet.com/msu_3714
If you prefer to register by email and pay by check contact Vicki at [log in to unmask] (email)