Speaking of compatibility mode, here are some policies I have set up, since this was an ongoing issue with IE9 for a while.  I still have them enabled and I haven't run into this issue for IE10 on Win8 users.

Computer Configuration
    Policies
        Administrative Templates
            Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Compatibility View
                Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites: Enabled
                    secportal.ebsp.msu.edu
                    bi.ebsp.msu.edu
            Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security Page/Trusted Sites Zone
                Turn on Protected Mode: Disabled
User Configuration
    Preferences
        Windows Settings
            Registry
                Value 1
                    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow
                    *.ebsp.msu.edu: REG_BINARY 0000
                Value 2
                    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\msu.edu\secportal.ebsp
                    https: REG_DWORD 0x2
                Value 3
                    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\msu.edu\bi.ebsp
                    https: REG_DWORD 0x2

I have something similar for docview.ais.msu.edu and ntweb1.ais.msu.edu, although I'm not sure if it's required anymore since the upgrade they made.