From: Vietti, Dave [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Visitor Check-in Systems

We've been asked to look into a visitor check-in system for the Power Plant.  The customer would like to have the following features:

  1.  A touch screen login kiosk providing a changeable announcement to the visitor.  As procedures and situations change, this announcement can be used to direct the visitor.
  2.  The ability to create our own login form so we determine what information is required at check-in.
  3.  Web-based data storage that allows easy pulling of visitor data in flexible ways.
  4.  Visitor badge label printer with a flexible badge format that contains the information we want:  person's name, company name, unique visitor ID number, who they are here to see.
  5.  Ability to build in meeting rosters.  The kiosk would list the day's meetings.  The visitor selects the meeting they are attending and checks off their name.
  6.  Assigns a unique visitor/guest record number that prints out on the badge.
  7.  The kiosk should be located where the visitor can login before entry into the lobby.  The badge label printer would be located at the receptionist desk.  The printed label advises the receptionist who is here.  The visitor is allowed in after the badge prints out and is reviewed.

If you use a system that meets most of the requirements above, please let us know what product you are using and if easily available the approximate cost.  Also, if you have had experience using one of these systems and have any advice about making a good choice, please contact me!

Thanks for any help you can offer,

David Vietti
Computer Systems and Networking Manager
Support Services
Infrastructure Planning and Facilities
Michigan State University
Phone: 517-432-0240 | Cell: 517-281-3513 | Fax: 517-432-0240
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | ipf.msu.edu<http://www.ipf.msu.edu/>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://www.ipf.msu.edu/>