I'm guessing the machines upgraded to ie 11.  I've seen similar errors
with ie 11 in our department, and it's not supported yet by EBS.

(Annoyingly, I tried putting the block in at the global policy level
for our domain, but apparently it failed miserably, because everything
here's been updating, so I've unfortunately had a fair number of
problems with ie 11 and ebs as a result, and been manually downgrading
machines.)