Hi folks!

Please help us spread the word about this farm incubator program outside of Traverse City! It is a great opportunity for someone looking to get a farm business off the ground.

Amanda Kik
Co-Director
Institute for Sustainable Living, Art & Natural Design (ISLAND)
Web: www.ARTmeetsEARTH.org
Blog: http://ARTmeetsEARTH.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://bit.ly/artmeetsearth

Please note our new phone number: (231) 622-5252

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Amanda Kik — ISLAND <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: ISLAND’s Farmer Residency at Maple Bay Farm
> Date: January 6, 2014 at 3:00:11 PM EST
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
>
> ISLAND’s Farmer Residency at Maple Bay Farm
>
> Applications for the 2014 growing season are being accepted on a rolling basis with preference given to applications presented before Jan 31st.
>
> Are you ready to start your own farm, but don't have access to land?
>
> We’re looking for self-driven, independent farmers that need some assistance with the initial stages of starting a farm business: land and capital access, exploring markets, honing business skills.
>
> ISLAND’s Farmer Residency program is a farm incubator project located at the Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy’s Maple Bay Farm. Like traditional business incubators, farm incubator projects aim to help new and beginning farm entrepreneurs establish their own successful businesses by providing specific resources and services that are difficult for start-up entrepreneurs to access on their own. The goal of the Farmer Residency program is to minimize the barriers to entry for aspiring and beginning farmers.
>
> For full program details and online application, please visitwww.artmeetsearth.org.
>
> If you have questions about the program, application process, or the appropriateness of your farm business idea, please don’t hesitate to contact Marty Heller, ISLAND farmer residency program manager, at [log in to unmask] or at (231) 622-5252. We’re happy to help you with the application process.
>
> Our mailing address is:
> ISLAND
> 5870 Cottage Drive
> Bellaire, MI 49615
>

> Copyright (C) 2013 ISLAND All rights reserved.
>

> This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
> why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
> Institute for Sustainable Living, Art & Natural Design (ISLAND) · 5870 Cottage Drive · Bellaire, MI 49615 · USA

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html