Colleagues,

Happy New Year!

We are developing a non-science majors science course that will engage students in local science issues and hopefully improve their science literacy, problem solving, abilities, critical thinking skills, content knowledge.

I am collecting research literature for the following:

1. research that shows evidence that problem based learning strategies, inquiry instruction, and student engagement in local, relevant issues will increase student science literacy, problem solving abilities, critical thinking skills, and content knowledge.

2. research showing that students' levels of interest, self-efficacy, and identity correlate with their levels of science literacy, problem solving abilities, critical thinking skills, and content knowledge.

I would be grateful if you can suggest any research literature related to those areas above.

Regards, Julie

Julie Sexton