From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ryan Fewins-Bliss
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MCAN-Discussion] FYI- National Scholarship Opportunity for Students - Buick Achievers Scholarship Program

Happy New Year!

As a fellow supporter of students and education, I wanted to share an exciting scholarship opportunity for high school seniors and current college undergraduates, The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program.

This scholarship, funded by the GM Foundation, is designed to help students who are leaders in both the classroom and their communities, but who may not have the financial means to attend college. The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program will award up to $25,000 per year for 100 students.  The application period is open at this time and will remain so until February 28th, 2014.

We encourage students to apply who ...

  *   Are high school seniors or current college undergraduates enrolling for full time study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States or Puerto Rico for the 2014-15 academic year.
  *   Plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering, Technology, or select Design and Business-related programs.
  *   Have an interest in a career in the automotive or related industries.

We would greatly appreciate your help to spread the word to deserving students. Please pass this information on to members of your organization or affiliation and have them announce the program to potential applicants. More details about the scholarship program, eligibility rules, and selection criteria can be found at www.buickachievers.com<http://www.buickachievers.com/>.

I've also included the following communication pieces for your convenience to help promote this impactful program to students who may qualify.

  *   Flyer - can be uploaded to a website, emailed, printed and posted to a bulletin board or printed and distributed. It can also be found at www.buickachievers.com/flier<http://www.buickachievers.com/flier>.
  *   Web Banners - can be uploaded to a website or included in a newsletter and linked to www.buickachievers.com<http://www.buickachievers.com/>.
  *   Scholarship Listing - a full description of the program to post on a website, send via email, or to print and post to a bulletin board.

I appreciate any help you can provide in raising awareness about this program! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Karen

Karen Nicklin
GM Foundation, Manager of Educational Initiatives
General Motors Company, Manager of Corporate Relations
300 Renaissance Center
MC 482-C27-D76
Detroit, MI 48265
Office: 313-667-2973
Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>