Dear All,

Hi! This is Lianye Zhu. I am a second year master student at M.A.TESOL program. I am currently doing a language research and wanting the research participants. If you are:

1. Chinese graduate student
2. Not majored in English or any other language

You are highly welcome to be the participant. You will be required to read and listen to several English words, describe some pictures, and do a very short questionnaire. The whole experiment will last around an hour. You will be paid $15 dollars for your participation. Through this experiment, you may have a clearer idea about your spoken English proficiency and if you want, the tips of how to improve English speaking skills would be provided. The experiment will be carried out in January and the exact time and location is flexible.

This research is permitted by IRB at MSU and all your personal information including your recordings and questionnaires will not be released. Your privacy is guaranteed.

If you are interested in this research, please email me at [log in to unmask] I will contact you to set up the time and location of our experiment.

The followings are the time options available in the next week (1/13-1/17).

1/13 (Mon.)11:30am-12:30pm;
1/14 (Tue.) 11:30-12:30pm;
1/15 (Wed.) 15:00-16:00pm; 16:30-17:30pm; 18:00-19:00pm; 19:30-20:30pm
1/16 (Thu.) 17:30-18:30pm; 19:00-20:00pm
1/17 (Fri.) 15:30-16:30pm; 17:00-18:00pm

Of course if none of these time options work for you, we can arrange a schedule in the third week (1/20-1/24).

Thank you!

Yours sincerely,
Lianye Zhu
M.A. TESOL
Department of Linguistics & Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages
College of Arts and Letters
Michigan State University
(1)5175150280