Happy New Year! I would be very grateful if you could please distribute the Call for Papers below to the AIB List. Thank you.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development Conference
in Dubai, UAE 11-14 August 2014
Hosted by University of Wollongong in Dubai, UAE. Win a free iPad or eReader.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PAPERS EXTENDED TO: 24 FEBRUARY 2014
Marketing, Managing and Financing Organizations in Today’s Environment of Slow Economic Growth: To achieve the best level of performance in today’s environment of slow economic growth, managers must be innovative and competitive. They must be prepared to acquire and utilize multi-dimensional skills that are essential for managing, marketing and financing organizations successfully. Contemporary research findings and theories presented at this conference will shed light into the policies and strategies that are vital for achieving effective growth and enhance organizational performance. This 6th biennial Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development Conference aims to share research knowledge, theories and practice that exist in the world in the areas of business, marketing, finance and management. Manuscripts for this double blind peer reviewed conference are invited in terms of competitive papers, case studies, research in progress, literature review, special sessions and doctoral research papers in any of the track areas listed below:
2014 TRACK AREAS
Australia and New Zealand
Central America and the Caribbean
the Middle East
TYPES OF PAPERS FOR SUBMISSIONS: Your submission can be in any of the following four categories.
· An abstract only paper of least 100 words but not more than one page; or
· A proposal/work in progress paper to be no longer than 5 pages; or
· A competitive full paper to be no longer than 15 pages; or
· A literature review paper to be no longer than 15 pages but needs to provide theoretical insights based on reviews of relevant literature.
PAPER AWARD AND PUBLICATION: Conference participants have a chance to win a free iPad or eReader through random drawing of names. Very good competitive papers will be recommended to be double blind refereed again for possible publication in a refereed book or for publication in any of the following double blind refereed journals:
· Journal of International Marketing and Exporting (ISSN 1324-5864)
· Journal of Management and World Business Research ISSN (1449- 3179)
· International Journal of Business and Marketing (ISSN 1448-9848) – New double blind peer refereed journal.
· International Journal of Business, Social Sciences, Humanities and Education (ISSN 2201-3105) – New double blind peer refereed journal.
Publication in the proceedings – Although all papers to be presented at the conference are entitled to appear in the conference proceedings, the Academy will allow every author to decide whether to publish his or her full paper in the proceedings or to publish only the abstract.
CALL FOR TRACK CHAIRS: All track chairs must attend the Conference. To be considered to serve as a track chair/co-track chair please email Executive Conference Director and Program Chair, Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun the following information:
(i) Track Number/Area you are interested in being a track chair for.
(ii) Your title, name, highest qualification, current position in your organization, address of your organization, and your email address:
The responsibilities of a track chair/co-track chair will include:
· Submitting a joint or individual paper for the conference to the Program Chair Prof Ogunmokun who will organize it to be double blind peer reviewed;
· Attending the conference and serving as a chair for one of the sessions;
· Receiving papers from contributors in your Track area for review;
· Sending the papers you have received to reviewers on behalf of the conference organizers;
· Forwarding the papers that reviewers have accepted to the organizers, with the reviewers’ comments; and
· Promoting the conference to other people in your area.
The 2014 Executive Conference Director and Program Chair Program Chair is Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun and the Associate Program Chair is Professor Prakash Vel.
For detailed information visit: http://academyofworldbusiness.com/wp/conferences/2014-dubai-uae-2/ or contact Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun by email using the two email addresses below.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun, PhD (Monash)
President and Executive Conference Director and Program Chair
Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development
GPO Box K 789, Perth, Western Australia 6842
(Chair and Head of Department of Marketing and Management; and Chair of Research - School of Business, University of the Virgin Islands, United States Virgin Islands).