Dear Colleagues,

With the intent of trying to enhance appreciation of cross-cultural management concepts, I am piloting an “International Student Mentor Program” this Spring.

This program will be a class activity in my International Business undergraduate class. My students typically create an International Business Plan. Aside from conducting research, I would like them to work with a foreign based student, who will act as their mentor. This student will offer advise on how business is conducted overseas.

I will need students from countries outside the US to act as mentors for my students. In turn, a select set of students from my class can become mentors to your international classes as well.

The student mentor will need to be : 1) interested in cross-cultural management and business development, 2) available for consultation at least one hour a week on a voluntary basis, 3) accessible via email and Skype.

If you have students who might be interested in this program, or if you would like to use my students as mentors in your classes – please let me know. We can also document and assess the efficiency of this pedagogical approach and publish the findings.

Best regards,

Dr. J. Mark Munoz

Professor, Management and International Business

Millikin University

Tel (217) 420-6762, (217) 433-1425

E-mail : [log in to unmask]

Web : www.millikin.edu