Dear Fellow AIB Scholars,

I realize this is late and that time is short, but I am hoping that I can
find collaborators for one or two panels in the Stakeholders, Responsible
Leadership and Governance track (Track 11) at the AIB Annual Meeting in
Vancouver.    A rough description of each intended panel is provided
below.

Panel 1:  MNE Responsiveness to Local Climate Change Concerns

This panel will include studies of how specific MNE actions being taken in
response to global climate change impact local climate change-related
efforts.  Ideally, the panel will include instances in which local efforts
are improved by the MNE, MNE efforts are improved by local efforts, and
when the benefits flow both ways.  Studies examining the influence of NGOs
on MNE and local climate change initiatives also are encouraged.

Panel 2:  Which is Better at Alleviating Poverty:  Local Initiatives or the
MNE?

This is an ongoing and unresolved issue.  The intent of the panel is to add
to the discussion by looking at instances when MNE actions or initiatives
have been shown to alleviate local poverty, where local poverty alleviation
initiatives have influenced MNE actions in other countries, or where
collaborations between local groups, MNEs and NGOs lead to poverty
alleviation.

If you are interested in joining either panel, please send me the abstract
or description of your study and your contact information.  Assuming I get
between four and six papers, I will then prepare the final description of
the panel and take responsibility for its submission.  Because of the
amount of time between now and the submission deadline (January 15th) is
tight, I will need papers by this Sunday, January 12th.

To see a description of Track 11, follow this link:
http://aib.msu.edu/events/2014/CallforPapers.asp

I look forward to working with you.

Best,

John Dilyard, Ph.D.