Please share widely.
WEBINAR—AGRICULTURE & FOOD RESEARCH INITIATIVE (AFRI)AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS & RURAL COMMUNITIES (AERC) FOUNDATIONAL PROGRAM AREANational Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
DATE: January 22, 2014
TIME: 1:00 – 3:00 PM Eastern
FEATURING:Highlights of the AERC program area, eligibility requirements, and other aspects of the following five programs will be discussed along with questions and answers.
- Economics, Markets and Trade
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Entrepreneurship, Technology and Innovation
- Rural Communities and Regional Development
- Small and Medium Sized Farms
MODERATOR: Fen HuntPRESENTERS: Robbin Shoemaker, Jill Auburn, Denis Ebodaghe
TO PARTICIPATE: join the webinar at the following link a few minutes before the starting time (# lines is limited; first come, first served):
WEBINAR weblink: http://nifa-connect.nifa.usda.gov/afri-aerc/Audio: via your computer speakers/microphone, or via telephone: 888-844-9904 access code 6824450#
PLEASE NOTE (whether or not you join the webinar):
- Letters of intent are required for these programs (a new requirement of AERC in 2014),due on February 19, and the application deadline for full proposals is April 28, 2014. You cannot submit a proposal if you do not first submit a letter of intent.
- The 2014 AFRI Foundational Request for Applications can be found at: http://www.nifa.usda.gov/funding/rfas/pdfs/14_afri_foundation_mod.pdf
- For Grant-Writing Tips and Other AFRI Information, see: http://www.nifa.usda.gov/funding/afri/afri.html
- For more information on AERC including a link to abstracts of projects funded in the past (2011), see: http://www.nifa.usda.gov/fo/agricultureeconomicsandruralcommunitiesafri.cfm
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Robbin Shoemaker at 202-720-5468 e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Denis Ebodaghe, Ph.D.National Program Leader for Small FarmsUSDA – National Institute of Food and AgriculturePhone: 202-401-4385 Cell: 202-731-6090Surface Mail:USDA-National Institute of Food and Agriculture800 9th Street, SW3103 Waterfront CenterWashington, DC 20024
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.