International Management (IM)

PDW Chair: Jay Anand, Ohio State University,  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

2014 IM Division Professional Development Workshops: Call for Proposals

The International Management Division (IMD) invites submissions for Professional Development Workshops (PDWs) at the 2014 Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. Special consideration will be given to PDW proposals that integrate the theme of this year's meeting-"The Power of Words", a theme which has a special significance for the IM division.  PDW sessions will be held between 8:00am Friday, August 1st and 8:00pm, Saturday, August 2nd. Additional information on the conference appears at http://meetings.aomonline.org/201<http://meetings.aomonline.org/2013/>4/

The IMD focuses on content pertaining to the theory, research, and practice of management with a cross-border,  cross-cultural or comparative dimension. Major topics include: the cross-border management of operations, including multi-country, multi-unit, strategy formulation and implementation; evolving  forms and management practices in cross-border business; the cross-border differential impact of cultural, social, economic, technological, political, and other institutional forces on strategies, organizational forms, and management practices; the international competitiveness of firms, industries, and nations; and comparative management studies involving two or more countries. To learn more about the IM Division, visit our website at http://divisions.aomonline.org/im.

Our goal in the PDWs is to enhance professional and personal skills associated with IM scholarship and teaching.  With this in mind, we seek innovative, provocative, and exciting proposals that bring together an international community of scholars interested in enhancing research and teaching in International Management.

PDW formats are highly flexible and can take the shape of workshops, panels, round table discussions, training sessions, etc.  As such, PDWs provide an opportunity to experiment with what is typically beyond the scope of regular paper sessions.  Thus, we seek creative and interactive proposals that promote scholarship or teaching and involve not only other academy divisions, but also firms, not-for-profit organizations, consultancies, NGOs, and public sector organizations.

Submissions: If you are interested in organizing or being involved in a PDW in any way, please contact Jay Anand, Professional Development Chair, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Final PDW submissions should be made through the Academy's website, http://submissions.aomonline.org/201<http://submissions.aomonline.org/2013>4. The deadline for submissions is January 14, 2014, at 5pm EST. (This system opens November 6, 2013.)

We look forward to hearing from you regarding exciting workshops for the 2014 conference in Philadelphia!

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.