[image: Inline image 1]

*SCHOOL OF BUSINESS*

Now accepting applications to the newly revised

Ph.D. program in International Business

The International Business program at GWU is ranked as one of the top 20
programs in International Business by US News and World Report. GWU is also
a designated *Center for International Business Education and Research
(CIBER)* (funded by the U.S. Department of Education), which provides
students with resources for research and teaching in the areas of
Institutions, the State, and Development in International Business.

Both the GW Business school and the International Business Department
recently revised the requirements for the PhD program to enhance and
strengthen the quality of the program.  Our goal is to produce well-trained
students who wish to obtain academic appointments at top tier schools in
their chosen fields.

In keeping with the multi-disciplinary nature of the field, we offer two
tracks: *Global Strategy *and *Global Political Economy*. PhD seminars
offered by IB Department faculty include courses on Institutions and
Development, Global Strategy, Knowledge and Innovation, International
Finance, and International Political Economy.  Students pick a track and
coursework that corresponds with their research interests.  Students will
develop skills and capabilities to perform cutting-edge research in their
chosen track.  Programs mixing elements of the tracks are possible,
depending on student interests.

Program highlights include a four year fellowship (with a fifth year
conditional on performance), close collaboration with faculty, and the
ability to leverage resources across local business schools, think-tanks,
The World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and other organizations in
D.C., one of the most vibrant intellectual centers of politics and
economics in the US.

 The research and expertise of the faculty of the International Business
Department spans a broad theoretical base, including economics, political
science, finance, management and banking.  The multi-disciplinary
perspectives are facilitated by the eclectic expertise of our program
faculty.

   - We have a large group of faculty who publish in top journals and
   university presses, with several faculty co-authoring articles with their
   PhD students.
   - Many of our faculty members have been asked to serve on the Editorial
   Review Boards of several top journals, including the *Journal of
   International Business*, *Organization Science*, the *Global Strategy
   Journal*, and the *Strategic Management Journal*.
   - Our faculty have a strong record of receiving external grants to
   support their research.
   - Our faculty have served on the Executive Committees of the organizing
   committees of major conferences in our field as well as being track chairs
   for several conferences (including the Academy of Management and the
   Academy of International Business Annual Meeting).

We would love to hear from you.  Detailed information about the application
process and online applications at the GWU School of Business website.
http://business.gwu.edu/phd/

Kevin Stephenson
Administrative Manager
Dept. of International Business