This might be the better course of action to take considering
regulations.gov has been down for most of the past week...
http://www.cornucopia.org/2013/11/fda-food-safety-rule-webpage-repeatedly-crashes-advance-important-public-comment-deadline/

Mary Brower
Food and Farm Coordinator
the Institute for Sustainable Living, Art & Natural Design (ISLAND)
231-622-5252 office, 231-459-8968 cell
www.ART*meets*EARTH.org <http://www.ARTmeetsEARTH.org>

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Tim Redmond <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Vicki - thanks for sharing these comments.  The more the FDA gets of
> comment such as these the greater the chance they'll see the errors in the
> initial rules-making and make the changes necessary.
>
> Dru et al - if you get this - thanks to you and your group as well for
> these excellent comments.
>
> I have attached as well comments submitted recently to the FDA by the
> Wastenaw Food Policy Council.  They were formulated by The Farmer Policy
> Action Team of the WFPC, major credit going to Farmer PAT member Daniel
> Poon.
>

> If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous
> Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser
> address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html
>

> Tim Redmond
> Member - Washtenaw Food Policy Council
> Co-Chair - WFPC Farmer Policy Action Team
> Member - Farmer Task Force, Michigan Food Policy Council
>
> Tim Redmond
> Eat Local Eat Natural
> 734-741-4728
>

> On Nov 11, 2013, at 6:18 PM, Morrone, Vicki wrote:
>
>  Sharing this with all of you.. Last call for comments on the food safety
> modernization act. Kindly shared by The michigan farmers market assoc
> Cheers
> Vicki morrone
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>  *From:* Dru Montri <[log in to unmask]>
> *Date:* November 11, 2013 at 5:09:40 PM EST
> *To:* <[log in to unmask]>
> *Subject:* *Submit Your Comments on FDA's Food Safety Modernization Act*
> *Reply-To:* Dru Montri <[log in to unmask]>
>
>   The deadline for public comment on rules developed by the Food and Drug
> Administration (FDA) to implement the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
> is *November 15*. Farmers, market managers, organizations, and consumers
> have the opportunity to weigh in on important federal decisions. You can
> read MIFMA’s Comments Regarding FDA’s Proposed FSMA<http://mifma.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/MIFMA-FSMA-Comments-11-11-13.pdf>.
> We also recommend that you visit sustainableagriculture.net<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001C2FNOa9OtDaScTO6K8h3Qjb7_89GV4Y5p_BmMrxW_AyCa-nDBmX7Zyypi6GT7b4d43xsgo-Zy4VJgV2RAKfEpRhq9EHwaDVyQWp78q27p4ew1qnI5W2pgFl8-XQm7VZaJZVYHP36I0JcasYGD-sSLLplGHwdkT9EAuq2bTXER8ikIx-p805bWQ0gSjg-03hj&c=ESW0gZmz9tUEkD7w0ejfxv0RxAZIbgxOcw4Xwm7OHbHPXkQlGQ8zMg==&ch=OR_tOmBOiwbmuCAzAV-MJyTiqrRYkDgMfgnVU2pm_-jVg9FsB-qcDw==>to learn how to comment. The site has simple templates and instructions on
> how to electronically submit comments to the FDA.
>

> Please take some time this cold snowy evening to submit your comments!
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dru
>

> *Dru Montri, Ph.D.*
>
> Director
>
> Michigan Farmers Market Association
>

> 480 Wilson Road, Room 172D
>
> East Lansing, MI 48824

> [...]

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html