All:

A job GER folks might be interested in:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "Janet Carlson" <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: [narst] BSCS Job Announcement - Science Educator-Scientist-Researcher
>> Date: October 3, 2013 11:01:31 AM EDT
>> To: "NARST Discussion List" <[log in to unmask]>
>>
>> BSCS Job Announcement….BSCS Job Announcement….BSCS Job Announcement….
>>
>> Science Educators, Scientists, Researchers. BSCS (Biological Sciences Curriculum Study) has several full-time openings for individuals with different areas of strength. We describe the general qualifications first and then elaborate on specific qualities that are more specialized. All highly qualified people with a commitment to improving STEM education are encouraged to apply.
>>
>> BSCS is a not-for-profit, tax exempt, 501(c) (3), educational research and development organization. BSCS, now in its 55th year, is the oldest continuously active research and development group focused on innovative programs to support teaching and learning in science. BSCS’s mission is to transform science teaching and learning through research and development that strengthens learning environments and inspires a global community of scientifically literate citizens. Our three primary lines of research focus on the Nature of Curriculum, Teacher Learning and Practice, and Leadership and Policy.
>>
>> We are searching for candidates interested in contributing to the work of a dynamic curriculum study. The strongest applicants will demonstrate a passion for science education reform, the ability and interest in working across all lines of research, and an excitement about contributing to the overall mission of the organization. Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Colorado Springs, Colorado area.
>>
>> Desired Education and Experience
>> A doctorate in science education, a science discipline, or related field is preferred; a masters degree is required. In addition, an interest in and/or experience with e-learning environments for students and teachers, a background in the learning sciences, or experience conducting educational research is highly desirable.
>>
>> Essential Abilities and Characteristics
>> •	A strong commitment to improving science education for all students and teachers
>> •	Demonstrated ability to understand and manage complex projects
>> •	Willingness to think creatively
>> •	Strong writing ability
>> •	Ability to write convincingly for different audiences including students, teachers, and funders
>> •	Excellent oral communication skills in a variety of settings (e.g., academic conferences, meetings with school administrators and teachers, and staff meetings)
>> •	Successful experience working independently and in collaborative teams
>> •	Ability to regularly meet deadlines under pressure
>> •	Ability to tolerate ambiguity including ability to thrive in a soft money environment with all of the uncertainties and opportunities that come with such a setting
> [...]

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program