Dear colleagues, we would like to invite you to attend a seminar by Gustavo de los Campos, a guest of the office of VPRGS, from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. de los Campos is a promising young researcher with extensive experience in quantitative trait mapping in human, agricultural, and model systems.

4:10 p.m. TODAY

Rm 1200 , Molecular Plant Sciences Building

Analysis & Prediction of Complex Traits Using Whole-Genome Regression/Prediction Methods.

Gustavo de los Campos, Ph.D.

Gustavo de los Campos, Ph.D.

Department of Biostatistics
Ryals Public Health Bldg 327L
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Birmingham, AL 35294
Phone: (205) 975-9248
Fax: (205) 975-2540
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

My interest centers on statistical learning methods with emphasis on applications in quantitative genetics. I have an Agronomy degree from Universidad de la República-Uruguay, as well as two MS degrees (Statistics and Animal Sciences) and a joint doctoral degree (Animal Sciences and Agricultural & Applied Economics) from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. My current research focuses on the use of dense molecular markers and pedigrees for prediction of genetic values in plants (Wheat and Maize) and animals (Dairy Cattle and Broilers) and on the use of such markers to predict likelihood of diseases in humans.

1.     de los Campos, Gustavo, Ana I. Vazquez, Rohan Fernando, Yann C. Klimentidis, and Daniel Sorensen. 2013. Prediction of Complex Human Traits Using the Genomic Best Linear Unbiased Predictor. Edited by Michael E. Goddard. PLoS Genetics 9 (7) (July 11): e1003608. [doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1003608]

2.     de los Campos, Gustavo, Paulino Pérez, Ana I. Vazquez, and José Crossa. 2013. Genome-Enabled Prediction Using the BLR (Bayesian Linear Regression) R-Package. In Genome-Wide Association Studies and Genomic Prediction, edited by Cedric Gondro, Julius van der Werf, and Ben Hayes, 299–320. Methods in Molecular Biology 1019. Humana Press.http://link.springer.com/protocol/10.1007/978-1-62703-447-0_12.

3.     de los Campos, Gustavo, John M. Hickey, Ricardo Pong-Wong, Hans D. Daetwyler, and Mario P. L. Calus. 2012. Whole Genome Regression and Prediction Methods Applied to Plant and Animal Breeding. Genetics 2: 327-345. [PMID: 22745228] [doi:10.1534/genetics.112.143313

David Arnosti

Professor

Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

413 Biochemistry

603 Wilson Road

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824-1319