Did you ever get them to verify that they pulled the update at all?  I cant find it on any of my servers or even on windows update, the only references I see to it are the article you list here.

Did you initially install it via windows update or manually?

Are you running CU2 or 1?

Glad its worked out!

Ehren Benson, MCSE

Systems Engineer