Al,

I would watch the Service Status at http://servicestatus.msu.edu/status_detail.php?id=10161

I'm sure IT Services will let us know what is going on so we can be kept in the loop.

-Nick
From: Al Puzzuoli [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Was there just a Brief Virtual Firewall outage?

At approximately 12:50 this afternoon, our office lost all network connectivity. I was unable to ping any  machines on my server VLAN from the workstation VLAN.I was just walking over to the server room to see if the servers themselves had connectivity, when everything suddenly came back. The whole incident  lasted for 10 minutes or less and everything seems fine now, but it was a bit alarming while it was going on. Anyone have any idea what happened?
Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli
Michigan State University
Information Technologist                                       http://www.rcpd.msu.edu
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities  517-884-1915 120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033