MagickJack! Is not free but is cheap and is the best deal you can get.

oscar

On 9/17/2013 10:06 AM, John Resotko wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

I’ve had a question posed by some of my faculty who frequently travel abroad, since calling plans that support international calls can be expensive, but nearly every academic institution abroad has some form of internet connectivity and wifi available for free or reduced costs.  Are you recommending any iPhone or Android apps to your faculty and students to assist them in making overseas calls?  Apps like Viber and Skype promise quite a bit, but I was wondering If you had any that you regularly recommend?  Thanks in advance for any additional information you can provide.

John Resotko

Assistant Director, Systems Administration and Support

Michigan State University College of Law

648 N. Shaw Lane, Room 208 Law Building

East Lansing, MI 48842-1300

email: [log in to unmask]

phone: 517-432-6836