I have been using fantasy /sci fi to teach international business concepts within the context of virtual worlds.  I find that my undergraduates (that inevitably include a significant percentage of gamers) relate well to this.

I am using the novel The Empire of the Zon by R.M. Burgess to do so.

.Print link:

http://www.amazon.com/Empire-Zon-R-M-Burgess/dp/0615767117/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376844201&sr=1-1

e-book link:

http://www.amazon.com/Empire-Zon-ebook/dp/B00EW5KAM2/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377991802&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Empire+of+the+Zon

I am looking for partners to develop tools / exercises / games to further develop teaching modalities within this virtual world.

If interested, please email me at

Thank you.

--

Ram Mudambi
Professor and Perelman Senior Research Fellow