Respected group members,

Good morning

I am a PhD candidate in marketing at University of Tromsø, Norway. My specialization is in international marketing and cross- border export-import relationships. My PhD research emphasis on the issues, how psychic distance, transaction cost and relational variables affect export performance in an emerging economy. At this moment I am in the Netherlands, spending visiting research period of a year at the VU University of Amsterdam. In the visiting scholarship, I am engaged in a project which intends to identify linkage between values, trust , happiness in a pan-European cultural context. For this project, we are using ESS data-set and HLM for analysis.

I feel comfort in dealing with a variety of quantitative research techniques and tools including Structural Equation Modeling (SEM), Partial Least Squares (PLS) and Hierarchical Linear Modeling (HLM). Although my doctoral research focuses on international and (cross-border) cross-cultural marketing, my research interests include B2B marketing, relationship marketing, quantitative research methods, consumer behaviour, and entrepreneurship.

In accordance the contract, my PhD candidacy is expected to be completed in Spring 2014. I have two research articles accepted (Journal of Global Marketing and International Journal of Emerging Markets), one is in the review process (in Marketing Intelligence and Planning) and another is ready for submission (targeted at International Marketing Review).

My tenure as a PhD research fellow (stipendiat) with the University of Tromsø (UiT) comprises 75% research and 25% teaching duties. During the last three years, as a co-teacher I taught several courses at the UiT. I am also attending an online course called “Certificate in Faculty Preparation: Teaching in Higher Education” under the Humboldt University, USA.

I am looking for post-doctoral position in international marketing/emerging markets. It would be my outmost pleasure to share my detailed CV with you. Thanks in advance.

Med vennlig hilsen/Best regards

A.F.M. Jalal Ahamed, MBA, MSc.
PhD Research Fellow
Handelshøgskolen/School of Business and Economics
UiT/Norges Arktiske Universitet/UiT The Arctic University of Norway

tlf +47 77 64 60 15
Beskrivelse: Beskrivelse: C:\Users\hhe014\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\MDHR7DYD\UiT_Navn_linje_rod_pos.png