(Apologies for cross-posting)

Announcing the first-ever (that we know of) campus-wide MSU Hackathon!
When: Saturday, October 26th, 2013 from 10:00am - 5:00pm
Where: North Conference Room (Rm. 449), Main Library (4th Floor -- West Wing)
Who: MSU-Affiliated Faculty, Staff and Students

REGISTRATION LINK: https://msuhackathon.eventbrite.com/

Michigan State University Libraries is hosting a campus-wide "hackathon" event on Saturday, October 26th. What's a hackathon?<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon> It's like recess for techies: one day, 50 people, lots and lots of coding.

But not just coding! Hackathons need web developers, interface designers, business minds, and more in order to be successful.

We'll hack on anything, but it's better to come prepared. Participants are encouraged to submit project ideas, form teams and to back projects of personal interest on our http://www.hackathon.io/msu site. You might also consider checking in with our Facebook event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/676318972397069/) and help us spread the word. Our MSU Hackathon will have the theme of: "cross-departmental coding".

Registration is free<https://msuhackathon.eventbrite.com/>, and we'll provide coffee, lunch and an afternoon snack to keep you coding all day long. We'll also have all the necessities: power, wireless, virtual servers, flash drives, git, etc. All we need is you (and probably your laptop).

Please RSVP at the registration link above and stay tuned for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter @MSUHackathon

Finally, if you, your department or college would be interested in helping us sponsor this event, please let me know at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

-Aaron, on behalf of the MSU Hackathon Team

W. Aaron Collie
Digital Curation Librarian
MSU Libraries
tel: 517.884.0867 email: [log in to unmask]
tweet: aaroncollie site: http://staff.lib.msu.edu/collie/