A number of people have asked me about useful teaching material related to Global Product Harm Crises, especially in the aftermath of a number of recent high profile crises including Fonterra involving milk powder and Toyota involving cars linked to sudden acceleration. Both of these crises impacted consumers in multiple countries.  Below are two articles related to the topic of global product harm crises:

1) Laufer, Daniel “Incorporating a Global Perspective in Teaching Crisis Management” AIB Insights Vol 12(2) (2012).

2) Laufer, Daniel. “How Should a Global Brand Manager Respond to an Ambiguous Product-Harm Crisis?   Advances in International Marketing. 2012 Vol 23.

I hope you find the articles useful in teaching this important topic.

Daniel Laufer PhD, MBA
Associate Professor of Marketing and Postgraduate Programme Director
School of Marketing and International Business
Level 11, Rutherford House Rm 11.26
23 Lambton Quay
Victoria University of Wellington
P O Box 600, Wellington, 6140 New Zealand
Tel: +64 4 463 5152   Fax: +64 4 463 5231
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.victoria.ac.nz/smib/about/staff/dan-laufer2

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.