LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER IN MANAGEMENT (5 positions)
UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY BUSINESS SCHOOL
· The opportunity to contribute to world class management education and research within the University of Sydney Business School
· Academic Levels B or C
· Full-time, continuing, remuneration package: $104K-$147K p.a. (which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super)
The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The school has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources and journal publishing, and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. In the Excellence in Research for Australia 2012 assessment, our research in business and management was assessed as “well above world standard” - the highest possible rating.
From 2015 the school will be situated in a new $180m state-of-the-art learning environment which, in the highly competitive global market for business education, will further enhance its ability to attract the best and brightest students, staff and researchers from around the world.
We are currently seeking to make five new appointments in Management at the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer levels. Applicants will have expertise in one or more of the fields of strategy, cross-cultural management and organisational behaviour.
To be successful for appointment you will possess:
· a completed PhD in management or a related discipline
· the demonstrated ability to contribute to high-quality teaching
· an active program of management-related research with quality referred publications and future research potential
· expertise in on or more of the prescribed fields: strategy, cross-cultural management, organisational behaviour
· evidence of successful teamwork, a collegial approach and service contributions
· course and program development experience (at Senior Lecturer level)
· leadership skills, administrative experience, evidence of industry and/or professional engagement (at Senior Lecturer level).
There are also desirable criteria for appointment at either level.
This is your opportunity to work in a diverse school that offers an extensive and innovative range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Remuneration package Lecturer: $104,644 - $124,263 p.a. (which includes a base salary Level B $88,426 - $105,004 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
Remuneration package Senior Lecturer: $128,185 - $147,672 p.a. (which includes a base salary Level C $108,318 - $124,898 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
A salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicants.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 1 September 2013 (11.30pm Sydney time)
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged. The University of Sydney has also established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
SID GRAY |
Professor of International Business
Chair - Discipline of International Business | University of Sydney Business School
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 447, Storie Dixson Wing Building H10 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 3552 | F +61 2 9036 5378
E firstname.lastname@example.org | W http://sydney.edu.au/business/staff/sgray