Hi Tim,

What’s the proper procedure for requesting that drives get shredded? Do we just indicate that on the salvage forms somewhere?

Thanks,

Al

From: Tim Heckaman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 8:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Proper Disposal of old Server hard Drives?

Sorry for the late reply as I was out sick this past week. Yes we ensure all drives, media, copier hard drives, thermal fax sheets, cell phones, thumb drivers, etc are wiped or disposed of in a way that no data can be recovered from them.

Don is correct in that we have a bin that gets filled up with bad drives or drives that are specifically asked to be shredded. We take those over to a local metal recycling company and pay to have them shredded. We have a few employees go and watch to ensure all the drives are actually getting shredded.

Thanks