University College Cork (UCC) was founded as Queen's College Cork in 1845. UCC has a current enrolment of over 20,000 students, provides over 120 degree and professional programmes in some 60 Disciplines and offers a research-led curriculum that attracts the highest calibre of students. UCC is renowned for the quality of its provision and support of international students. We consistently deliver a globally significant contribution in research and in teaching and learning and are currently ranked within the top 2% of universities worldwide.  We are Ireland's first Five Star University (under the QS ranking system) and the World's first Green University Campus (Federation for Environmental Education, Copenhagen).

The College of Business and Law, one of UCC's four primary academic units, offers a mix of traditional and innovative undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the areas of business and law. The College has a strong graduate school and an increasingly internationalised student body. We have a proud tradition of regional engagement and a growing international research profile.

The College seeks a high calibre academic leader to further enhance its profile in research and education. The ideal candidate will have a track record of international excellence in research, teaching and learning and academic leadership. S/he shall combine extensive leadership achievement, strategic management and evidence of budgetary experience with demonstrable ambition, creativity and vision for the College.

For information package and further particulars please contact the Department of Human Resources, University College Cork, Cork.  http://www.ucc.ie/hr/vacancies       / Tel: + 353 21 4903691.

Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to The President, Dr Michael B. Murphy. Tel: + 353 21 4903623 / Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Candidates should apply, in confidence, before 12 noon on Wednesday 4th September  2013 enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae to: Dr Michael B. Murphy, President, University College Cork, Ireland Or Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

UCC is an equal opportunities employer

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.