Dear Gardening/Farmer Friends,

There will be several tons of plant material (seaweed/Eurasion milfoil) collected in the next few days from Lake Lansing…  potentially looking for a home…

Apparently it can be used as a mulch and has advantages in that the seeds can’t germinate on land.  See excerpt below from http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/organic_soilfertility_and_weed_management:paperback

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

The harvester could potentially deliver quantities… (6 cu yards est?) in the Lansing area.  If you have an interest, please contact [log in to unmask]    and cc [log in to unmask] if you don’t mind.

Thanks,

-LeRoy

LeRoy Harvey

http://recycle.meridian.mi.us

(517)853-4466

PS  My hunch is that the nutrient benefits of mulch would far outweigh any potentially trace herbicides present in the seaweed, but I can’t find much info on this.

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html