We hope some of you will be interested in this session!

The Geological Society of America's 125th Annual Meeting (October 27-30 in Denver, Colorado) is celebrating "Our science, our societal impact, and our unique thought processes looking at how far we have come in the last 50 years and predicting future advances."

Over the past 50 years geoscience educators have gained a greater understanding of how people learn and developed more effective approaches to facilitate learning in both formal (K-12, 2 year/4 year colleges and universities, field camps) and informal settings (museums, state surveys, state and national parks). Significant progress has also been made in implementing state and national standards for science education and innovative teacher education programs.  The following session will highlight significant changes which have occurred in informal and formal geoscience education, and outreach programs during the past 50 years, and the organizations (governmental and professional) that facilitate them.

T125. Geoscience Education and Outreach: 50 Years of Progress
National Association of Geoscience Teachers; GSA Geoscience Education Division; GSA Geology and Society Division; GSA History and Philosophy of Geology Division
Cathryn Manduca, Eugene F. Pearson

Abstracts may be submitted on or before August 6, 2013 at http://community.geosociety.org/2013AnnualMeeting/Sessions .  Please contact Cathy [log in to unmask] or Gene Pearson [log in to unmask], if you have questions.
Cathryn A. Manduca
Director, Science Education Resource Center
Executive Director, National Association of Geoscience Teachers

Carleton College
1 N College Street
Northfield MN  55057
507 222 7096