Dear Lisa,

Stephanie forwarded your message on to me, as I have taught Earth sciences.  I'd like to make a few suggestions to you.

1.  For education research in the geosciences, see the Journal of Geoscience Education; it's good!

2. To join a listserv of geoscience educators, go to:

http://geocognitionresearchlaboratory.wordpress.com/2012/11/06/how-to-join-the-geoscience-education-research-geocognition-research-listserv/

3. The National Center for Science Education seems to have a big focus on teaching evolution (I haven't dug deeper).

4. Here is a list of listservs in science, including 5th-8th science.

6. New York science teacher website directory

7. On this list, look for the Biology and Education listserv.

I think that people on those lists could also direct you to more resources.

8. I would definitely check out the NSTA (National Science Teachers Association).  They have a listserv, and a site where they post a new resource every day called Freebies.

I will see what else I can send your way.

Best!

val

Valerie Sloan
303-517-3838