Greetings,

Following Julie's information, thanks for the early heads-up.

The details are being worked out, but this year, GSA is also sponsoring
"On To the Future" (OTF).  The co-leaders are Marjorie Chan (chair of the
Diversity Committee) and George Davis (current GSA president).  The
objective is to bring at least 125 diverse (broader than NSF's
underrepresented minorities category) students to the meeting.  They need
to be students who have never been to a national GSA meeting before.
Funding will be available to defray some of their expenses.

Again the details are still being worked out, but I thought you might want
to have an early head's up. If you'd like to contribute to the effort
and/or to learn more about the project and get updates check out,
http://community.geosociety.org/OTF/Home/.

This is an exciting grass roots GSA effort.

Suzanne

Suzanne OConnell
Earth & Environmental Sciences
Wesleyan University