                    Call for Proposals

                Advances and International Management, Volume 27, 2014

                Torben Pedersen, Markus Venzin, Timothy M. Devinney & Laszlo Tihanyi, eds.

                 The 2014 issue of Advances in International Management will focus on the theme

                Orchestration of the Global Network Organization

The organizational design of the Multinational Corporation (MNC) was a vibrant area of research in the field of International Business and Management during the 1970-1990 period. However, since that time this area has largely faded from our scholarship. Our intention with this volume is to spark new life into the research on the organizational design of the MNC. MNCs are meeting new challenges in the forms of focusing on core activities, value chain disaggregation, relocation of activities to emerging markets, industry consolidation, technological change, and market volatility. In this volume we will scrutinize different models for how MNCs can cope with these challenges and orchestrate a global network organization that is able to structure, coordinate, and integrate activities across the globe.

This is an initial call aimed at scholars interested in contributing to the volume. The timeline is tight but we believe that having authors concentrate on a focused paper (around 20-30 pages of text) this is doable.

If you are interested in being involved in this volume, please submit an email to [log in to unmask]. The email should include a two-page abstract plus a title page with all author details as attachments.  The abstract should clearly (using the underlined headings) state: (a) what the basic idea is, (b) what the structure of the logic of your argument will be, and (c) how you will provide evidence to support of that argument.

The deadline for this submission is 30 August 2013.

Based on the proposals that we receive we will invite participants for a two-day workshop to be held in Milan, Italy in November. The purpose of this workshop is to bring the manuscripts up to the state of the art, create coherence among the papers, and make sure that the papers in the final volume speak to one another as well as to the general IB/IM community.  See more info in the attached Call for Proposals.

We look forward to your proposals (by email to: [log in to unmask]).

The Editors:

Torben Pedersen, Markus Venzin, Timothy M. Devinney & Laszlo Tihanyi