WIR

Dear Member of the WIN,

It is my pleasure to share with you the main findings of UNCTAD's World Investment Report 2013, which is being launched today in over 50 global locations. The report presents the latest global trends and prospects on foreign direct investment (FDI) and recent international and national policy developments, as well as key emerging investment-development related issues.

The report's main findings:

This year's thematic chapter of the report is devoted to the topic of global value chains (GVCs) and their development implications. To download the selected chapters of the report, please go to UNCTAD's website or click here to access the overview.

I hope you find the report's findings useful and interesting: we will continue to keep you updated throughout the year with the latest changes in quarterly FDI trends, as well as policy developments.

With best regards,

James Zhan
Director
Investment & Enterprise Division
United Nations Conference on Trade & Development
Palais des Nations, Geneva
Tel: +41 22 9175797
www.unctad.org/diae
www.unctad.org/wir (World Investment Reports)