Need the bill number 9s) to adequately respond to this request.

Please advise,

Christine Parker

From: Lindsey Scalera [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 12:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Local Ag & Beginning Farmer Marker Bills Still Need Co-Sponsors
before the Farm Bill Process Starts!

Hi everyone! Please share widely this week!

We'll post updates about the next steps for the farm bill in congress
early next week and beyond!

What's Happening?

We are just about to launch into the Senate AND House markup of the 2013
Farm Bill! That's exciting but just before this happens, it would be
great to get a few more co-sponsors of the two marker bills that support
local food and beginning farmers and ranchers!  The more support we have
for these two bills going into the farm bill process, the better the
chance we have of continued support and programs that help expand
opportunities for local farms, food, and jobs and increased support for
folks just getting started in farming!

There are two bills in Congress right now - The Local Farms, Food, and
Jobs Act and the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Opportunity Act - whose
inclusion in the 2013 Farm Bill will mean more new farmers in the field,
increased income for farmers who produce healthy food for local
communities, and more jobs in rural and urban areas across the country.
This is something everyone on both sides of the aisle can get behind -
will you make a call today and ask your legislators to co-sponsor these
two bills?

Wherever there is local food, there are farmers feeding communities and
creating jobs.

Farmers and ranchers are responding to skyrocketing demand for fresh,
healthy food everywhere - at farmers' markets, grocery stores, and in
schools across the nation. And at the same time, more and more people
want to get started in farming to be sure that we continue to feed
communities and create jobs well into the future! Now is the time to
invest in the next generation of folks who want to raise our food and
steward the land.  They're going to be job creators, entrepreneurs, and
innovators - as long as we help them get the tools they need to succeed.

How can we help farmers keep up with this increased demand? How can we
help the next generation of farmers and ranchers succeed?  One key way
is to make targeted investments in programs that create opportunities
for new farmers and support local and regional food production.

Call or Email Today!

Legislative co-sponsors are vital for the success of these bills!

They can help move the bills through Congress and ensure pieces of them
are included in the next farm bill.

Find your Congresspeople Here:

http://beta.congress.gov/members

Before you make a call, check here!
<http://sustainableagriculture.net/our-work/local-food-bill/co-sponsors/
>   If you see your legislator on this list of co-sponsors, make your
call a THANK YOU call!

Tell your legislators:  I am a constituent and a voter. (tell 'em if
you're a farmer!)

I support local farmers, want good food in my community, and support
investments in the next generation of farmers.

Please co-sponsor the Local Farms, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013 and the
Beginning Farmer and Rancher Opportunity Act of 2013 today!

More of a Social Media Person? Tweet @ your congress people!

Click here for a list of congresspersons' twitter handles:
http://fearlessrevolution.com/blog/the-us-congressional-twitter-director
y.html
<http://fearlessrevolution.com/blog/the-us-congressional-twitter-directo
ry.html>

Here are three sample tweets!

Healthy food, jobs, and $ for farmers in Michigan.  @_____ will u
cosponsor the Local Farms Food & Jobs Act? #FarmBill
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FarmBill>  #migoodfood

I support Michigan farmers, do u?   @_____ will u cosponsor Beginning
Farmer & Rancher Opportunity Act?  #FarmBill
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FarmBill>  #migoodfood

Help Wanted: New MI farmers! @_____ help next gen farmers! Support
Beginning Farmer & Rancher Opportunity Act. #farmbill
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23farmbill>  #migoodfood

Thanks for speaking out! Your voice will make a difference!

Want more information on the bill? Check it out here.
<http://www.sustainableagriculture.net/take-action>

Sincere thanks for all that you do you for Michigan communities!

Best wishes,

Lindsey Scalera

Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy

Grassroots Organizer

734-646-2428
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

http://migoodfoodpolicy.wordpress.com
<http://migoodfoodpolicy.wordpress.com>

Follow us on Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/michiganvoices> !  Like us
on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/migoodfood> !

Sign Up for Action Alerts

National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition

http://www.sustianableagriculture.net
<http://www.sustainableagriculture.net>

P.S. If you call - tell us how it went!
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous
Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser
address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html