Hi,

The Thursday CORE - CM ``pizza" seminar this week is

April 11: David Kramer, Midday in BPS 1400
Biochemistry and Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University
"New Functions in Photosynthetic Energy Transduction from
Next-Generation Phenotyping (Phenometrics)"

The abstract is below

Pizza and cookies available at 11:45

Phil

I will introduce a new Center for Advanced Phenotyping at MSU and describe
 how next-generation high throughput phenotyping is being used to enable
new research directions about photosynthetic energy conversion. I will emphasize
1) the discovery of "emergent phenotypes" under fluctuating environmental
conditions that are beginning to reveal new functions for enzymes and "genes
of unknown function"; 2) the balance of photosynthetic efficiency with the
avoidance of deleterious side reactions at both the enzyme, pathway and organismal levels.