From: Jared Andrews [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 11:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] MSU Mail Server Errors

Many of our faculty and staff are reporting error pop-ups while using Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010 for Windows, and 2011 for Mac. The two most common are:

1) The authentication window appears repeatedly although the password is correct

2) This error appears: "Your IMAP server closed the connection. This can occur if you leave the connection idle for too long" ( many users are actually on POP not IMAP)

Over the past month I have opened 2 tickets with ITS and have supplied net ids of some of the affected individuals. Some users stopped having problems, while new ones appeared. Some users have the problem all a few times a day, and others get the errors every 10 seconds in the afternoon.

I haven't received a clear resolution.

Is anyone else experiencing either of these errors? I can't believe they are caused by configuration problems on the users' computers.

Thanks!

--
Jared R. Andrews

Information Technology Professional
Michigan State University
Communication Arts and Sciences Building
404 Wilson Road, Room 132
East Lansing, MI 48824-1212

Phone: 517-353-7187
E-mail: [log in to unmask]