This is odd to me.  And the Google isn’t providing much help…

We have a Windows 7 machine with Outlook 2010 installed.  The users mail is on an Exchange 2007 mailbox.

What appears to happen:  User has Outlook open.  Machine goes to sleep.  When the machine wakes up, Outlook is unresponsive and does not connect to the mail server.  When the user closes and restarts Outlook, they get the following error:

'An internal MAPI error has caused this logon attempt to fail.

MAPI 1.0 [000004C2]’

I have created a new Outlook profile, and this seems to fix the issue, until the machine goes to sleep again with Outlook open.

Everything I’ve found refers to the SAME hotfix from Microsoft in reference to Exchange 2003.

Any thoughts, advice or answers?

I’m about 5 minutes away from uninstalling office and re-installing it…

Dak Aldrich

Information Technologist

Support Services

Infrastructure Planning and Facilities