No.

It doesn't matter -- regardless of where the laptop is and operated, IT
SHOULD NOT SELF-DESTRUCT.

It should darned well have thermal protection, and shut down when a
critical temperature is exceeded.  If the fan dies, the laptop should
shut itself down.

I've seen this a couple times in the last decade or so with non ThinkPad
laptops.

There are reasons why I am a ThinkPad snob.  This is one of them. I've
had problems with ThinkPads that have shut down because of faulty
sensors that shut them down at inopportune times, but I think that is
far better than a laptop roasting itself.

--STeve Andre'