Hi there everyone!
I wanted to let you know about an upcoming opportunity to discuss and learn about
Conservation in Michigan and in the Farm Bill.
Please share widely! Click Here to Share on Social Media

- - -

Michigan Farm Bill Conservation Summit & Citizen Session
Hosted By: Izaak Walton League of America
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
MSU Kellogg Center, East Lansing, MI

3:00 PM MICHIGAN CONSERVATION SUMMIT
Leaders and representatives from conservation and agricultural groups, agency representatives, and legislative dignitaries have been invited to participate in summit to discuss the role of conservation compliance in the next Farm Bill and how to move effective conservation policy forward.  Please join the conversation!

5:30 PM LOCAL FOOD RECEPTION
Enjoy some local selections while you meet with conservation folks from around the state.
You can also participate in a public action photo project with Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy!

6:00 PM MICHIGAN & THE FARM BILL CITIZEN SESSION
After a short local food reception at 5:30 pm, we will host a Citizens’ Session with an overview of the Farm Bill, panel discussion including farmers and conservationists, and a brief discussion of opportunities for individuals and communities to take action and build grassroots support for policies that protect our soil, air, and water.

Learn how the Farm Bill impacts Michigan's soil, water, and wildlife, share your thoughts on Michigan's Farm Bill priorities, and discover how you can help shape sustainable food and farm policies.

This event is free and open to the public, and light refreshments will be provided.
However, an RSVP via Eventbrite is required.

To see the agenda & learn more: Download a PDF Copy of the Flyer
See the Agenda & RSVP for this FREE event at: http://miconservation.eventbrite.com

- - -

Lindsey Scalera
Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy
Grassroots Organizer
734-646-2428
Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on Facebook!

Sign Up for Action Alerts
National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html