Hi all,

Sorry to bother those who are not interested!

I am sending this email on behalf of  a friend. He is a Chinese resident
and holds the J-1 visa as a postdoc beginning from Sep. 2012. His stipend
in 2012 was provided by MSU. He is not sure on filling the US-China treaty
article (Form 1040NR-EZ, page 2, Section J (1b)).

For F-1 student, usually we fill treaty article 20(c) for the $5000 amount.
But for those who holds J-1 as postdoc with US source income, should he
fill article 19 or 20(c)? Anyone with the same situation that has filled
the tax return before please advise.

Many thanks!

Wu