Dear Colleagues,

To test Purchasing Power Parity Theory the Argentine Peso provides a potentially useful example for instruction in the classroom. But data are needed going back decades.

I have Peso exchange rate data going back to the year 1913, but cannot find (reliable and unbiased**) data on Argentine Price Indices (Consumer or Wholesale – it does not matter) going back more than a couple of decades – preferably over a 100 year period.  Can anyone refer me to a data source for Argentine Price Levels in decades prior to 1990?

Sincerely,

Prof. Farok J. Contractor

Department of Management and Global Business

Rutgers Business School

Rutgers University

1 Washington Park

Newark, New Jersey 07102-1897, USA
WEB PAGE: http://www.business.rutgers.edu/faculty-research/directory/contractor-farok

PS: **Yes I am aware that, because of political interference, official figures after 2007 are highly suspect.